I AM IN LOVE with book page projects...I think they are lovely! So many different ways to work, decorate and craft with book pages...I chose to create a book page wreath...and I'm in love! It is probably one of my favorite wreaths that I've done recently. Here is the finished wreath:
I was inspired by several "pins", but made a twist based on the pin's tutorial:
- Book (I used one that I would never read...it was from the Dollar Store...CHEAP!!!)
- Hot glue gun and glue (LOTS!)
- Wreath form
- Distress Ink pad (to antique the book pages)
- Pearls (Used to personalize the wreath)
First, I want to show a close up of one of my favorite items on this wreath. It is a pearl brooch that I was given from my great grandmother (still alive). I hot glued it onto one of my twine flowers, and I love how I was able to incorporate it into this wreath...
Here are some other close ups of the wreath:
Here are directions on creating this wreath:
- Tear apart your book, and then roll the book page into a cone. Hot glue the edges of the cone to help it keep its form. Then, I hot glued the "book page cone" onto the wreath form.
- Continue around the wreath form with this method....I did three rows of "book page cones".
- To complete and add finishing touches to wreath, cut "leafs" from book pages (large, medium and small). I also made a few book page flowers. The great tutorial for these is located at Nesting Place.
- I also made twine swirls/flowers (various sizes). This was done by hot gluing as I was wrapping the twine (sorry no pictures...hard to do this while hot gluing and keeping the swirl together!).
- Take the "book leafs", book page flowers, twine swirl flowers, and pearls to create a "finished look" along the inside of the wreath.
- Take some Distress Ink and distress the edges of book pages...this provides an "old" book look. My book was not old!
I love the look of book page wreaths...there are numerous tutorials out there, but...I'm glad I settled on this style...Let me know what you think. Blessings.
Each week I may link up at the parties located at my tab located on my blog love tab here. Feel free to check these lovely sites out! I am also linking up to: